to the extent disclosure is necessary to apply The Richards Trauma Process.
Upon successful completion of the course, graduates of The Richards Trauma Therapy Process® training will receive a certificate acknowledging their participation within the course and their entitlement to use the trademarks, materials and intellectual property belonging to Trauma Training Pty Ltd, subject to the terms and conditions set out below.
Use of Course Materials, Copyright, Trademarks, and Intellectual Property (IP)
Our course materials, copyright, trademarks and intellectual property (“our IP”) belongs to Trauma Therapy Training Pty Ltd. All of our materials, trademarks, methods, live training, digital presentations and branding also form part of our IP. No person or organisation has our permission to use any part of it unless we have given our prior and express written permission to do so.
- In some instances we will provide you with permission, we have detailed these circumstances below;
- To protect our IP rights we can also withdraw this permission at any time should we feel that our rights or business interests are being infringed
(in a way not intended) or negatively impacted;
- We explain what we expect in relation to the protection of our course materials under the sub-heading Use of Our Course Materials below.
Our definition of our IP further includes:
- our registered and unregistered branding, rights, title and interest to what we have developed;
- our copyright, patents, trade marks, service marks, designs and rights in designs, applications to apply for registration of any rights, our trade business and company names;
- our internet domain names, database rights, rights in software and
- the methods of service delivery that we have created;
- Our IP does not need to be registered or be held under legal copyright by us to be protected and our Intellectual property rights and moral rights have the same meaning given under the Australian Copyright Act 1968;
- when you sign this agreement you agree not to claim any legal or moral ownership rights in the TRTP ® program or in any part of the mentor manual, course program and materials or our program delivery methods;
- you also agree that any work that you create while providing services under this agreement also forms part of what we own and you agree not to claim any legal or moral rights to it.
Our registered IP includes (but is not restricted to):
- The Richards Trauma Process ®
- Practitioner of The Richards Trauma Process ®
- TRTP ®
- The Richards Trauma Therapy Process ®
- The Richards Trauma Process Logo & TRTP Logo
- Dynamic Re-imagining
Why we need to protect our rights: It has taken significant time and investment by us to build the reputation and goodwill of The Richards Trauma Process ® and to create the techniques, methodologies and procedures that we teach and apply. It is valuable and important to us. Our IP needs to also be protected to maintain the integrity of our techniques, our reputation, relationships and our financial investment and goodwill.
When we may grant permission to you
We may choose to grant you a non-exclusive licence to use our materials, Trademarks or IP, but all legal and moral rights and ownership of our IP remain with us. Permission or licence to use our IP and trademarks applies only to the promotion and publications of materials which relate to the practice of The Richards Trauma Process ®.
- a non-exclusive licence may be granted for the sole purpose of applying The Richard Trauma Process ® in the conduct of your professional practice and only if you agree to continue to comply with the terms and conditions set out in this document and any subsequent agreements or instructions that we require you to follow;
- if a non-exclusive licence is granted then we may require you to provide Trauma Therapy Training Pty Ltd with proof of continuing competency
(including participation in continuing professional development initiatives or programs);
- any licence or permission we grant to use or IP may be withdrawn or restricted by Trauma Therapy Training Pty Ltd if a practitioner is found to be operating or carrying on their practice (or otherwise conducting themselves) in a way that breaches any term or condition set out in this document or is no longer a financial member of the TRTP Community;
- We may also take action to withdraw or restrict any licence or permission to use our IP if the conduct may be perceived as likely to threaten or damage the credibility and reputation of The Richards Trauma Process ® or if our Code of Conduct is breached. We may also restrict any licence or permission by imposing conditions that we require you to follow in order to use our IP;
- successful completion of our full program/s does not guarantee ongoing permission to use our IP. If you are unsuccessful in achieving or maintaining a level of competence that we believe matches our brand and integrity then we may request that you undertake further training and we can withdraw your any permission or licence granted to you. We would not take any decision in this regard lightly, and encourage you to communicate with Trauma Therapy Training Pty Ltd at all times such that you feel uncertain or uncomfortable about achieving and maintaining competence.
By enrolling for training you accept that we will protect our IP investment by taking legal action against any person or that uses, copies, distributes or misuses (by altering, rephrasing, rebranding or copying) our IP (including our course materials and methods) whether for financial gain or not. If you do use or misuse our course materials for financial gain without our permission then we may seek financial compensation from you.
Use of our Course Materials
For clarity, our course materials include all TRTP ® course materials whether printed, by live presentation, recorded in electronic form or in any other format.
- recording any of the training by digital means or otherwise is not allowed without our prior written consent;
- photography during live training sessions is not permitted without our prior written consent;
- to ensure that all of our mentors, students and facilitators have their privacy protected we will not take a photograph (or permit photographs to
be taken by any person, including our mentors) without our permission and the express written permission of the person being photographed
- course materials are for you personal use only. This means that they can only be used by you and that you cannot resell, reproduce, copy,
rebrand, alter, distribute or redistribute any of the materials without our written consent;
- you are not to share, copy, alter, rebrand, or distribute course materials to any other person or organisation. To do so would infringe our
copyright and may result in legal action against you;
- you may use the course materials within the confines of your personal daily professional practice including private and confidential sessions
with your individual clients, however, you must be the person conducted these sessions (and no other practitioner);
- If you are unsure whether you have permission to do something, ask us first.
Photography and Digital Recording - Permission and Consent
Confidential student sessions are recorded by TTT for therapeutic and training purposes only.
TTT and/or its facilitators and mentors may view and discuss your recording where it is necessary for therapeutic and/or professional reasons. No
recordings will be used outside of the TRTP® course program or external to TTT without your written consent.
By submitting this Application, you provide you consent to TTT digital, audio, visual and/or photographic recordings of your student sessions
and/or participation in the TRTP® program.
You agree that you are not permitted to record, make, keep, copy or distribute any part of a program(s) you attend or mentoring call/webinar that
you participate in without the prior and express written consent of TTT.
Ongoing Support will be
- via online TRTP Practitioner forum, video conferencing, workshop activities (for the benefit of all practitioners).
- Additional mentor support is available for a separate fee from select mentors, in a manner and timing negotiated with between the student and
- queries may be addressed using any or all of the channels described;
- permission to use The Richards Trauma Process ® Labels and titles will not be granted before completion of the TRTP Practitioner Course;
- ongoing admission to The Richards Trauma Process ® forums is by invitation only and will only be made available to students;
⚬ who have successfully completed the course and who are fully paid and up to date in relation to all fees;
⚬ who remain fully compliant with the terms of this Agreement;
⚬ who behave in a professional, and ethical manner at all times;
Code of Ethics
Students are expected to uphold the Code of Ethics published by the Australian Hypnotherapy Association and can be found at this web address:
Without limiting the obligation to uphold the Code of Ethics, we wish to draw attention to the following principles:
Members have a responsibility to themselves to maintain their own effectiveness, resilience, and ability to help clients. They are expected to
monitor their own personal functioning and to seek help or withdraw from their therapy practice when their personal resources are sufficiently
depleted to require this.
Members will not continue to practice when their functioning is impaired due to personal or emotional difficulties, illness, alcohol, drugs or for any
Members will be asked to engage in regular assessments in order to develop their skills as therapists, to monitor performance and to provide
accountability for standards of delivery.
By completing and submitting this application form you:
- accept and agree to the terms and conditions as described in this document;
- declare that all the information provided herein is true and accurate; and
- acknowledge and confirm that you have read and understood the information provided in this application form;.
- submitting this electronic Application has the same meaning and effect as signing a written agreement with us.
I accept the terms and conditions as described in this document for The Richards Trauma Process ™ Training Program.